Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Drug Rehab

It was two years ago when I got pregnant to my ‘lil Bendyk. My tummy was 5 months then when I had it ultra-sound and learned that I was actually carrying a baby boy. Right then when I felt mixed emotions of happiness, excitement and fear. The first two were natural feelings of a soon-to-be mom. But I did feel fear, not because of the delivery that I had to go through, it’s all because of the gender of my baby—a boy for that matter.

You probably wonder why it seems to be a big deal for me. Yes, I admit that having a boy to care for fears me as a mom. Perhaps, you are aware of the fact that some teenagers and young adults alike are into drug addiction and other sort of misconduct. This makes me think that my son might also be into it someday since the ratio of male over the female gender is higher when it comes to drug addiction. That is, if I won’t be able to take good care of him while he’s still young.

As I look at those drug addicted individuals, I come across a site that talks about drug rehab. They cater not only for drug treatment, but also alcohol rehab. And yes, aside from drug addiction, most men even women these days love alcoholic beverages. Later, they come to realize that the taste of alcohol becomes addictive.

As a mom to a 2-year old kiddo, I felt like I haven’t done my part yet not until he gets old. And I guess, until my last breath. I’ve realized that being a mom is forever. From his first loudest cry and till the end, I should always be with him, guiding him through the right path. I pray and I hope that may he never be one of those addicted individuals who ruin their lives for nonsense.


1 comments:

megha said...

well , i am happy that you felt that heavenly pleasure..... good luck.

Addiction Treatment

oDesk Certified English (Sentence Structure) Expert